Monday, April 1, 2013

the start of a new month

I hope you had a nice and relaxing Easter weekend. Ours was low-key since we are still puppy sitting Buster, the Boston Terrier. When you have your own dog, I suspect that you get used to leaving it at home  - but we felt guilty! I was also worried that he would have an "accident" or destroy something if he was alone. Cleaning up after a puppy is not fun, I tell ya.

Don't forget that today is April Fool's Day. Even if you are not a prankster, someone may be planning a prank on you so it's good to be aware. Ha! Here is a prank I've always wanted to try...
{rubber band on spray nozzle - via}
But this year, I just feel like this...
(Someecards - their cards are the best}
It is also the start of another month and a perfect time to turn over a new leaf. Here are a few ways I plan to make it an Amazing April:

  • Schedule a weekend trip away before we move
  • Workout 4-5 times per week to relieve stress
  • Try a few new recipes
  • Buy a new laptop
  • Invest in new stocks and/or mutual fund
  • Buy a coffee press
  • Finally rollover my 401k into my IRA
  • Visit AAA and get my international driver's license

In other news, my March Madness bracket has proven very disappointing - BUT Louisville is holding strong! Did you see Kevin Ware's horrifying leg injury in the Louisville vs. Duke game? It made me nauseous. They say he'll be out for at least a year.

Did you hear about the Exxon oil spill in Arkansas?

Can you believe a photo taken by an iPhone and edited with Instagram is on the cover of NY Times? Here's the article.

Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment