Monday, April 8, 2013

booty blast circuit workout & weekly meals

{via}
If you're anything like me, you took the weekend off from working out. Oops. And now it is Monday and you need a good workout that will get you back on track. I have been searching for a really great butt workout, and I think I have found a winner. I did this twice last week and my booty was SORE. Beware of the "fire hydrants" - they hurt!
Here it is:
  • 20 squats
  • 20 plie squats
  • 20 donkey kicks per side
  • 20 fire hydrants per side
  • 20 circling donkey kids per side
  • 20 frog jumps
  • 20 side lunges per side
  • 30 alternating split jumps
  • 30 skaters
  • 30 hip lifts
  • 20 lunge kicks per side
Do this circuit 3 times and your booty will be burning!

My husband and I are doing a "drop 5" [pounds] challenge this week. OK, 5 pounds might be a bit much but we lovingly name it drop 5 in order to keep healthy eating and exercise top of mind. In addition to our daily circuit workouts, we have to eat well as part of the challenge. Only trace amounts of dairy and refined sugar will make their way into my shopping cart this week.

Here's what I have in mind. I usually have leftovers for lunch, so that category is not included.

Breakfast:

  • Coffee or chai tea with almond milk and a dash of cinnamon
  • Green smoothie with spinach, banana, orange and protein powder
  • Scrambled eggs with diced veggies
  • Husband - cottage cheese with mandarin oranges (cottage cheese is not my thing)

Snacks:

  • Trail mix with almonds, dried cranberries and pretzels
  • Apple and pretzels
  • Protein shake
  • Guacamole
  • Grapes

Dinner:

  • Spinach salad with baked chicken, avocado, slivered almonds and dried cranberries
  • Chicken stir-fry with bell peppers, onion, and broccoli
  • Parmesan crusted chicken with sweet potato and broccoli (using this Weight Watchers chicken recipe)
  • Salmon with avocado-mango salsa

No comments:

Post a Comment